On Sat, Sep 06, 2014 at 03:12:56PM +0000, Tomaz T. wrote:
> Next problem occurred after update to 2.7.0 pre, as when I restart
> linuxcnc i'm getting error saying:
> Debug file information:insmod: error inserting
> '/usr/realtime-2.6.32-122-rtai/modules/linuxcnc/hal_parport.ko': -1
> Device or resource busymy5axis_load.hal:25: exit value:
> 1my5axis_load.hal:25: insmod failed, returned -1See the output of
> 'dmesg' for more information.2036

Thanks for your report.

In master branch, I have made some changes regarding parallel port
registration in order to support "uspace" realtime.  I will test later
today whether my work caused this problem.  If so, I'll fix it.

Please remember that the master branch is for new and potentially
untested work, so instability like this occurs much more frequently than
in our stable release branches such as 2.6.x.

Jeff