On Monday 22 September 2014 09:29:48 David Armstrong did opine
And Gene did reply:
> ok heres a quick comp
> which i think should do it , although it may need debugging as to order
>
> component 2inx4out "2-input to 4 out decoder";
> pin in bit in0;
> pin in bit in1;
>
> pin out bit outa;
> pin out bit outb;
> pin out bit outc;
> pin out bit outd;
> function _;
> license "GPL";
> ;;
> FUNCTION(_){
>     if ( in1 && in0 ) {
>         outa = 0;
>         outb = 0;
>         outc = 0;
>         outd = 0;
Both 0x11 true, then outd s/b true(1) above
>     } else if (in1 && !in0) {
>         outa = 1;
>         outb = 1;
>         outc = 0;
>         outd = 0;
Binary 0x10 s/b only outc true
>     } else if (!in1 && in0) {
>         outa = 0;
>         outb = 0;
>         outc = 1;
>         outd = 1;
Binary 0x01 s/b only outb true
>     } else if (!in1 && !in0) {
>         outa = 1;
>         outb = 1;
>         outc = 1;
>         outd = 1;
and 0x00  s/b only outa true>
>     }
> }

Which should work as intended. All i/o is "bit", true or false.
Done in assembly would be 1/20th the size, and fast enough for a base-
thread usage.  But C builds anyplace. :)