On 10/03/2014 11:30 AM, John Kasunich wrote:
> I just made my reservations (plane, hotel, rental car) last night.
> I'm staying at Candlewood Suites Houston I-10 East.  It is 9
> miles and about 15 minutes from TxRx according to Google
> Maps.
>
> It's a roughly $100 a night place.  The down-town hotels that
> are closer are also much more expensive: $150 to $300.
> Reviews for the sub $100 places in Houston are pretty bad.
> With more local knowledge I could have probably found a
> cheaper place that is OK, but after a couple hours online I
> just made a decision.

OUCH!  I just stayed at a really nice place in Kansas City
and it was
maybe $89 a night including ALL the taxes, fees, etc...

OK, thanks for the recommendation!  Anybody else?

I'll be bringing the same old junk, but I have added a
centering microscope
using camview, and now can put it on either the Bridgeport
or the minimill.
(This needs a 10.04 Linux kernel, or at least I had no luck
making it work
on 8.04)

I also will have a Beagle Bone with the CRAMPS board
(designed by
Charles Steinkuehler).

I also want to learn about this uspace thing, looks like
Jeff is not going to
be there, but maybe somebody else knows about it.  I'll
bring a blank
hard drive.

Jon