For scheduling in EDF or Rate-monotonic lower frequency threads get lower
priority so for the scheduling part it should be OK if this is the method used
for scheduling. If round robin is used which I do not call real time operating
system it might however and actually will if execution take to much time delay
other threads. There might of course be other problems.

Do you know how the threads are scheduled?

Nicklas Karlsson