> From: bodge...@gmail.com
> Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 02:34:42 +0000
> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Numeric entry with touchscreen and Glade
>
> On 28 October 2014 02:17, Chris Morley <chrisinnana...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > The caller sends a reference of the widget. So you can check what called
> > the handler.
>
> Does that help me distinguish between programatic changes to the value
> and User changes?
> ie "it was me, it was you"?
>
> Thinking about it, if I end up using a pop-up keypad this might all be
> moot, the keypad can call the update values code.

Unfortunately not, it only tells you who sent the message.
but since you know _you_ sent the message (by using the flag)
you probably can make it work.

Glade signals options using the glade editor is weak.
In general I create my signals and handlers programmically because of this.
and this particular problem, updating a widget without endless loop seems
common but I have not seen a well thought out (by GTK creators) way.

PNCconf goes to great lengths to overcome this and I would do it different if I
did it again (I'd use flags)

Chris M