On 10/28/2014 2:57 PM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 28 October 2014 19:23, Comcast <icp...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to be able to press the up arrow key and have the turret move away
>> from me without affecting any of the other things that are working
>> correctly.  Anyone have a solution? Thanks,
> There is something here:
> http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BackToolLathe
>
> I don't speak enough Tcl to know if that also switches the jog
> direction already, but extra stuff in that file should be able to do
> that too.

I don't know if that will swap the jog keys, but I have swapped the jog
keys before by editing the ".axisrc" file that is in your home
directory.  Notice the "." in front of "axisrc".

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.emc.user/12638/focus=12642

FWIW, a file that begins with "." is a hidden file.   If you want to
edit that file, you can go to view in your file viewer and click on
"view hidden files".   Then you might be able to double click the
.axisrc file and edit it directly.    If you are a command line user
then you probably know what to do already.  :-)

Dave

---
is active.