Hi to all.
I've been at the Linuxcnc Meeting in Stuttgart and I've to say that it was
a positive experience first of all for the people I met.

A big THANK YOU to the promoters Christian and Andreas for their efforts ,
hospitality , kindness .
They are very smart engineers/technicians/inventors with a wide experience
in build "smart things".
The have the ability to create things that never be done before and very
important is their opennes to share experiences with the community.
I saw a Manutec 6 DOF robot arm getting a new life with the ability of
Christain , Andreas and Marius contribute to integrate Linuxcnc with Mesa
Cards , Granite Devices Drives and custom electronic + software stuffs.

I met a "Beatiful Mind" and a kind person , Marius Alksnis.
He was working on an ABB 6 DOF robot arm giving it (again) a new life .
His ability in software/hardware/engineering is really impressive.
I've taken from him inspirations to upgrade my personal knowlege .

A great engineer and software developer is Norbert Schechner that is the
main developer (and creator) of the gmoccapy user interface that introduced
and realized a professional look and functional user interface targetted to
machine tools collecting all the workshop people needs.

An interesting enterprise by Rene Baumgärtner and Kevin that have made and
industrial grade Linuxcnc box integrating PC+Mesa cards+PSU (24Vdc as I
understood) + software specific for machine tools .

Another contribute comes from Frank Rossette that made a fieldbus Hybrid
application using the Ethercat High Speed deterministic ethernet based
fieldbus to communicate with Linuxcnc and an Ethercat slave communicator
(Beckoff Industrial grade hardware) with I/O slots .
A side to the Ethercat slave communicator there is a CanOpen Master that
communicate with 3 (axis) drives from Berger Lahr manufacturer.
The closed loop position is not closed inside Linuxcnc but locally to the
drive of each axis.
This kind of configuration is really effective , "clean" (less
wires/cables) , industrial grade and easy scalable.

Three youg students and nearly engineers Nico , Rene and Lars offer their
specific knowledge on PID tuning.

I also met the two Michael one of them "fighting" with stepper drives
problems on a 3 axis router . Very kind persons.

All the other people I met (that I don't remember the names .... sorry)
gave to the meeting a good feeling.

Regards

Alex