On 10/29/2014 11:52 AM, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> On 10/29/2014 09:36 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
>> On 10/29/2014 02:56 AM, Tomaz T. wrote:
>>> I found out that it was entirely hardware problem, because after moving
>>> parallel pci card to the other pci slot, it finally started to work.
>>>

>> Hmmm, very strange!  Well, glad you got it to work!
>>
>> Jon
> I think changing slots changes where PCI assigns where the card's base
> and extended address space?

PCI does not assign addresses by slot #, but it does
enumerate boards in the order
of the slots.  So, it is possible changing position will
change the I/O address of the
slot.  Also, there are PCI slots with different power
supplies and number of data
bits, so possibly one slot was not compatible with the
parport board.

Jon