On 10/28/2014 03:43 AM, Tomaz T. wrote:
> Anyone have ideas what could be wrong, and causing me this error on Lcnc
> startup:
>
> Debug file information:
> Can not find -sec APPLICATIONS -var DELAY -num 1
> insmod: error inserting
> '/usr/realtime-2.6.32-122-rtai/modules/linuxcnc/hal_ppmc.ko': -1 Operation
> not permitted
> my5axis_load.hal:19: exit value: 1
> my5axis_load.hal:19: insmod failed, returned -1

Oh, my, there are so many things.  First, of course, you
need to make sure the
driver can talk to the Pico Systems device(s).  Recent
versions of LinuxCNC
send more info to the kernel log reporting what they sensed
connected
to the parallel port.  So, do :

dmesg | grep PPMC

and it will pull only the lines from the ppmc driver out of
the thousands
of lines in the dmesg file.

If no boards are found, then you need to try the diagnostic
program to
see if communication can be established.  I don't know what
Pico board
you have, so I can't direct you to the correct diag program.
Finally,
you MUST use an IEEE-1284 cable.  Standard DB-25 cables will not
work, due to crosstalk.

Jon