Hi Dave;

Thanks for the response; I don't think that its bleak at all. Like you, I
see continual improvement, and a great future.

Open Source: I did "manage" the largest and longest running open source
project in the Canadian Government. Million++ of downloads, distributed for
a while by Apple, used by NASA and CERN, etc, etc. But when it came time to
present work at a HTML5 yearly meeting, I presented a colleagues' work
(from Fraunhofer, in Germany) because that project made more sense for
integration with HTML5.

So, I fully expect that we will continue to see improvement and progress,
and adoption of the best of the ideas.

Regards - JohnS.