That is a bit confusing I agree.  If the outputs are showing the movements
then I guess you can assume the machine is moving.  I wonder how difficult
it would be to get the display to show what he is doing.  Also I am sure
this is a preliminary setup so do you see some buttons or something to
allow a one push button jog instead of having to type in what you want?  I
am pleased someone is looking into doing this. Thanks to Dewey for stepping
up to the plate. Is he on IRC?   What is his login there?  I am kinda
bummed to hear that Machinekit's setup does not work with the mesa stuff
which will be on both of my CNC machines here soon. Peace

Pete

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Sebastian Kuzminsky <s...@highlab.com>
wrote:

> On 11/25/14 3:24 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Tuesday 25 November 2014 16:44:01 Sebastian Kuzminsky did opine
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QGOj39I-kk
> >
> > Looks a bit puzzling Seb, as we can't see how the machine is reacting,
> and
> > what he is doing with the pulldown is not visible in the backplot.
>
> Yes, Dewey's "moveoff" system behaves differently from normal jogs.
>
> The offset is handled separately from the machine's nominal "controlled
> point", so the DRO and the backplot do not reflect the JWP motion.
>
> You use the buttons on his JWP window to move, instead of the normal jog
> buttons or jog wheel.
>

> --
> Sebastian Kuzminsky

Pete Matos