On 12/01/2014 12:34 PM, Eric Keller wrote:
> our machine uses cloth filter bags on the return.  McMaster sells them in
> the U.S.  Don't see the bowl we have on the McMaster site, I thought they
> sold one like it.  It's really a strainer basket
>
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 1:09 PM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It probably wouldn't be too hard to create something like this:
>>
>> http://img.directindustry.com/images_di/photo-g/coolant-filter-machine-tools-industrial-14589-3775093.jpg
>>
>> When the float floats, then the switch advances the mesh conveyor and
>> moves a clean section of filter into place.
>> On the ones I have seen the used filter mat and chips end up in a bin,
>> so this is probably best as a second-stage filter after a settling
>> tank.
>>

>> --
>> atp
>> If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
>> http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto

the best filtration we ever found was
time
it'll settle out
we tried centrifuges and sand filters,
ceramic disc and micron paper filter
time worked best
its just slow

next best was
slowly turn a corner
as fluid changes direction, particles drop out of the flow
we used many concentric LOW pools ( 20mm to 30 mm )
each overflowing into next, flow rate incredible slow
this is just big, lotsa floor space

and then there's always
cow magnets
http://www.westpointfarmvets.co.uk/cowmagnets/