On 4 December 2014 at 15:28, sam sokolik <sa...@empirescreen.com> wrote:
> We would love to use the resolvers but then we would still need encoder
> inputs for the spindle.

I fitted a resolver to my spindle, no more difficult to do than
fitting an encoder:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/G2OOnyvK5YKXWy7H94WHc9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

(as an aside, if anyone needs a spindle encoder, there is a set here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-ENCODER-33DENFORD-2-ROTARY-SHAFT-CNC-LATHE-/321601876031
)

It looks like a sale-or-return 7i49 or Pico converter would be worth
trying to negotiate. They have to be cheaper to ship than the motor +
resolver.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.