On 12/5/2014 11:34 AM, Mark Johnsen wrote:
> I am in the process of working through my Supermax Aniliam Crusader M
> conversion to Mesa 5i25/7i77.

You could re-use the control panel from the Anilam system. It
communicates to the computer via an RS232C interface. The board with the
large DIP chip in the control box is the serial com board.

Wire it up to a com port then use a terminal program to capture the
output of each key to get the data you need to map each button to
control LCNC. I have some pics of the wiring diagrams, might have the
pinout for that connector.

If you aren't going to use that panel... I bought a smaller Enco mill,
what Grizzly now sells as the G0731. Might CNC it some day and a classic
panel like that would look good with it.

I bagged an 800x600 industrial panel mount touch screen LCD, new in box,
along with a stack of circa 2005~2007 Dell Optiplex computers for $100.
May as well say I got the monitor for $100 and the rest free. That will
be going into the old Anilam control box frame on my ACRA mill, with a
new aluminum panel to mount it and various controls below the monitor.

---