Servo drives and VFDs are two different animals.

VFDs are typically designed to spin "squirrel cage" induction motors
(think standard 3 phase motors), where rotor slip is used to generate
the magnetic field in the rotor.   Servo drives are designed to spin
synchronous AC motors/servo motors that typically have a magnet rotor.
The rotor never slips out of phase with the field.   And that is why
servo drives/motors can be used as positioning systems.
Some servo drives can be dumbed down to spin induction motors but there
is little point in doing that since servo drives are typically much more
expensive.
Trying to mix servo drive and servo motor manufactures gets very
tricky.   You need to fully understand the motor and its specs and then
you need to have a Servo drive that is adjustable
and adaptable to that motor and encoder type.    Many cheaper drives are
designed to connect to one or two models of motors and that is it.  This
is not a good place to guess at anything.

Dave

---
is active.