On 01/16/2015 08:52 AM, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> On 01/15/2015 11:32 PM, Marius Liebenberg wrote:

... snip

>> I did break one drive when I unplugged the motor while the drive was
>> still under power.
>
> There was some chatter on the CNCzone/Tormach forum recently about
> unplugging a fourth axis and killing the driver. Some people said they
> do it all the time, which sees hard to believe. It came to mind that it
> would be nice to have the connector latch interlocked with the drive
> power so the drive is turned off well before the connector breaks output
> contact.

Another issue that came up was that the motor connector (green 6 pin)
had an affinity for burning up due to a resistive contact either at the
screw clamp for the wire or at the pin and socket. One user replaced the
connector with soldering wires directly to the board. Others used
contact grease and or ferrules on the wire ends.
http://www.digikey.com/product-highlights/us/en/weidmuller-wire-end-ferrules/3775

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/