On 2/5/15 9:08 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> Have I already asked this?
>
> It would be really nice if an M-code could send a network broadcast to
> all the machines on my local network (Mac, PC, Linux) to tell me that
> a machine needs attention.

The m-code that does something part is easy, of course:

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/m-code.html#sec:M100-to-M199

There are tons of options for network notification.  I'd probably go for
an m-code that sends me a text message:

http://www.wikihow.com/Text-from-a-Computer-to-a-Cell-Phone

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky