On 5 February 2015 at 19:48, Rafael Skodlar <ra...@linwin.com> wrote:

> > it seems to be easy Mac-to-Mac, PC-to-PC or Linux to Linux..
> >
> > Less so in a heterogenous network.
>
> That's not so. There is plenty of ways to communicate between the
> systems on LAN or beyond including with less desirable OSes.

I think that supports my point. Linux to Linux you can use "notify-send",
Mac to Mac you can use Gowl. PC to PC there is something built in to the
OS.

For my Linux machine to pop up an alert on all my other devices (to catch
the one I am using) I have to write software and run a specific listener on
every device. That sounds less easy to me.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.