We just reached a milestone in the ongoing work to stabilize the 2.7
branch in preparation for the upcoming 2.7.0 release.  I present to you
the 2.7.0~pre3 pre-release.

The 2.7 branch contains a couple of significant improvements over the
current stable 2.6 branch.  First among these is a new, faster
trajectory planner developed by Rob Ellenberg (sponsored by Tormach),
and Sam Sokolik.  The other major new feature is support for the
RT-Preempt realtime kernel, developed by Jeff Epler.

A ton of work has gone into this pre-release: fixing bugs, polishing
rough edges, and improving the documentation.

This pre-release is recommended for anyone who wants to try out the new
highly anticipated features, or who wants to help test out the next
stable version of LinuxCNC and report any bugs they find.

The highlights of this pre-release are:

* add moveoff, a simple jog-while-paused implementation
* add uspace support to gm6 driver
* removed probe_parport, it's no longer needed
* fix an I/O region resource leak in RTAPI
* fix several GUI bugs
* fix several bugs in the new trajectory planner
* hm2: fix bugs in EPP driver, Ethernet driver, and sserial driver
* fix a dropped MDI bug in Task
* improved docs
* NML: implement command queue with reliable reception
* improved test coverage

Some demos of the new moveoff jog-while-paused feature are here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY6hx7WBkO8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGDq6620fPQ

Instructions for making fresh installs:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/getting-started/index.html#_getting_linuxcnc

Instructions for upgrading from 2.6:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/getting-started/index.html#_updating_linuxcnc

If you are upgrading to 2.7.0~pre3 from LinuxCNC 2.6 or from an earlier
pre-release of 2.7, you may need to update your machine configs.
Details here:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/getting-started/index.html#_updating_your_config

Credits go to the folks who have been developing the new features &
fixing the new (and old!) bugs, testing the new code & reporting bugs,
helping out on the forums, mailing lists, and irc, and improving the
documentation.

The folks who committed to 2.7.0~pre3 are:

* Andrew Kyrychenko
* andy pugh
* Bence Kovacs
* Chris Morley