So I found like a day and a half to work on our Mantuec R15 / granite
devices VSD-XE
project again.

When trying to run some gcode (generated with RhinoCAM) I noticed
the robot was only moving very slowly in world mode in one direction (X
axis).

I setup all 6 axis as angular axis with the speed/acceleration settings
tuned
to slightly less than the VSD-XE's can handle.

When switching to world mode the speed limits from axis 1/2/3 apply for
X/Y/Z which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Is this the intended behaviour?

Any ideas on how I should tackle this problem - keeping in mind that
exceeding the inidividual axis' speed/acceleration is sensitive for
the proper operation of the robot.

For a start I want to operate the robot in world mode because I can easily
generate
gcode for it (abusing it as xyz machine + turn table) with the cam software
at hand.

I intend to use it as 5-axis-continuous mill - but don't have access to the
suitable cam
software yet.