On 4/30/2015 1:52 PM, Dave Cole wrote:
> Micro V belts are apparently targeted at OEMs like car manufacturers who
> can make their own pulleys and order thousands of custom spec belts.
>
> A friend of mine tried to buy a setup for a custom machine and nothing
> was off the shelf and the selection of belt lengths was very limited.
> He could get a belt length that would work but the pulleys were a custom
> order - expensive and 6 week delivery.

When I fixed up a 1914 Sears Expert 13" lathe I found a multi rib belt
using Bando's catalog. They list by number of ribs and length instead of
application.

The one I got happened to be used on White/Volvo semi truck engines to
drive a pump, so a lil' 100 year old metal lathe, running the ribs on
flat pulleys, was hardly any strain. No need to release the tension
(simply the weight of motor and countershaft) when not running the lathe.

---