> On May 2, 2015, at 6:45 PM, Sebastian Kuzminsky <s...@highlab.com> wrote:
>
> The iocontrol manpage says:
>
>>       iocontrol.0.user-enable-out
>>              (Bit, Out) FALSE when an internal estop condition exists
>
> Experimenting with 2.7.0~pre6 here shows that user-enable-out follows
> the E-stop button in Axis, which is what i think you want.

It does sound like what I want.

> I think you want charge-pump.enable netted to
> iocontrol.0.user-enable-out, so that when the machine comes out of
> Estop, the charge-pump starts pumping.

I thought I already tried that but will do it again and see...

> I dont understand why you're netting charge-pump.out to the stepgen
> enable, could that be the source of your troubles?

Well, that wasn’t working but I have tried about a dozen different combinations
and only the last one had that config.

> The charge pump component makes a square wave all by itself, you don't
> need a stepgen inline.  Just net the charge-pump.out to a gpio.

Hmm, I wonder if this is my problem.  I want to use the Mesa stepgen to
generate the charge pump signal.  Should I not even be doing the loadrt (and
addf) for the charge-pump component?  But if I don’t will I still have all the
charge pump signals (like charge-pump.enable and charge-pump.out)?  The mesa
stepgen will stop if it loses contact with Linuxcnc (via watchdog).

Thanks Seb,
-Tom