On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 4:20 PM, John Alexander Stewart <ivatt...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > I am more excited about the possibility of having numerous cnc
> > machines, each doing some lengthy job (for example, 3d printer doing a
> > 20+ hour print) and I can use one device for all GUIs
>

>  I do this by exporting the Axis screen to my desktop computer.
>
> Each of my machines has a dedicated "PC" or BeagleBoneBlack and a network
> connection.
>
> The idea of "one computer in the house" is so 1980s, one computer built
> into the machine is what I'm doing.
>
> John.

Though your last statement is a bit hyperbolic (since I currently have over
have a dozen PC's running around the house), I do prefer to have one
computer - one machine.  Networks do drop out occasionally.  Wireless can
be hacked quite regularly, and I'd much rather have my machine controller
on a non-wireless network, either copper or fiber.

My only comment on this originally was why use two computers to run
something when one will do?