It 'should' auto detect, but you might need to reset either in the monitor
or in your system values to display a 4x3.

Right now I am running Linux Mint as my daily desktop but it is a Ubuntu
derivative.  I go to settings - display - and can check the resolution (and
format 16:9 or 4:3) that I want to see.

Give it a shot and report back please.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 7:57 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> Greetings;
>
> I replaced the elderly tube monitor on the toy mill a year or more back,
> but the monitors today are 16/9 wide screens.
>
> Whats the procedure to make it reset for wide screen so that circles are
> round again, rather than obviously squat.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

><> ... Jack

The Four Boxes of Liberty - "There are four boxes to be used in the defense
of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart"... Colossians 3:23
"Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new." -
Albert Einstein
"You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people." - Admiral
Grace Hopper, USN
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -
Ben Franklin