Jerry I didnt answer your question.
to measure acceleration there's an industry standard 'step' test.
The 'step' is to apply the voltage required to achieve max velocity.
This voltage **instantly** rises from 0 to the value needed for max
velocity.
Thats where the name 'step' comes from,
Its a square edge on a scope.

A second measurement is now needed,
Some way to determine _when_ the
maximum velocity is actually achieved.

Old school dc motors gave us Tachos so this was easy.
I dont know what you can put together.
You could attach a voice coil to the end, I suppose.
Measure when the output voltage goes constant ( at max vel )
A scope should show a 'knee' starting at 0Volts.

But if you measure time from the 'step' until the max vel,
you have the precise acceleration _time_.

The acceleration time divide by time is the acceleration

( example  .240 Sec accel time to achieve 800mm/minute velocity
   is .24 sec to achieve 13.333mm/sec
   is 55.555 mm/s/s

  3.15"/sec  / 0.02ec = 157.5in/s/s )

HTH