On 9/1/2015 1:36 PM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 1 September 2015 at 17:24, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:
>
>> As for Yaskawa, I kind of doped out their scheme for the
>> SGMP series of Servo-Pak motors from some years ago.
>> They had 3 differential outputs, A, B and C.  A and B were
>> classic quadrature, C looked the same, but the phase between
>> C and the other tracks changed depending on what quadrant
>> you were in, or something like that.
> That might be useful, I just accidentally bought a couple of Yaskawa motors.
> I say "accidentally" as I think I got confused about where I was in eBay.
> At £36 each for 1.8kW I am not so upset if I find I can't use them.

Yaskawa is pretty close lipped when it comes to revealing technical
details.   They are not my favorite company to deal with.

One problem I have had with Yaskawa drives and motors is that if you
want buy some cable for an older motor/drive combo they really put the
screws to you.

On a recent job, it was cheaper to buy new Teco servo drives, motors,
and cables than it was to just buy just replacement cables from
Yaskawa.     Their prices were crazy high.
Apparently some of the older Yaskawa drives used special connectors that
are not readily available now.

And that was for year 20002001 vintage Yaskawa servos.

Dave

---