Hi,
I've been using Alibre (now Geomagic) and the VisualCAM plugin for
generating G-Code.  MecSoft will no longer be supporting the plugin and has
offered a standalone version of VisualCAM.  When 3D Systems purchased Alibre
I wondered whether it would eventually just become a CAD system for rapid
prototyping.  I suspect that will happen soon.

So with MACH3 turning into a networked licensed (must be internet connected)
CNC system and Geomagic no longer having an integrated CAM interface it
seems like it's a good time to re-evaluate LinuxCNC and for that matter
Linux for the entire development process.  That or live with WIN-10 (GACK)

So what are people using for the 3D parametric drawing to G-Code CAM
generation to the LinuxCNC control?

Or is Linux still in the 2D drawing world with a post processor to generate
G-Code that needs the command line editor VI to clean up?
John