I sent Les a message a few months ago asking if he was still planning to do a
lathe cam package in the same vein as Sheetcam.  He said it was still in the
plan but he hadn't done anything with it yet.  I assume you are talking about
hacking the existing Sheetcam to generate a lathe tool path? Yes I have seen
people do that, I suspect it isn't all that difficult to do.  That would be
useful though I would really like a package that can generate paths from a 3D
model...