Thinking a bit more, I see no reason that any drag knife software couldn't
be used.  If you use rectangular based cuts only, and you handle dong
breaks manually, it should be easily doable.

Cutting rounded or serpentine cuts are had due to the breaking methods that
need to be used.  Machines that will do automated breaking after scoring
are pricy, but if it is pretty much all you do and you do a lot of it, even
those can be cost effective.

A quick Google shows there are several other software and machines other
than DeMichele out there.  I didn't see any open software, but it could
still exist.

--
><> ... Jack

The Four Boxes of Liberty - "There are four boxes to be used in the defense
of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart"... Colossians 3:23
"Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new." -
Albert Einstein
"You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people." - Admiral
Grace Hopper, USN
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -
Ben Franklin