I recently purchased an inexpensive router spindle off of ebay. It is rated at
6kw and 380v 3ph. The old spindle I'm replacing was dual voltage and could be
wired Y or delta, for 200-240 or 380-460 (7HP). Stupid me I didn't think to
check the old VFD and it is only capible of low voltage (running 208 3ph).

So my question, what are the repercussions of feeding this motor with only 208
3ph?

If the only problem is a loss of a percentage of power, but not more than half,
I can live with that. (It cost less than 1/3 the price of the original.)