It depends. For an asynchronous motor lower voltage will mean lower available
torque although it is technically possible to get full torque up to there 208
volt is needed for full power but only if the inverter deliver 208 volt at this
point. For a synchronous permanent magnet motor voltage is needed to get the
rpm up although it may be possible to weaken the magnetic field to get rpm up.

Nicklas Karlsson