On Tuesday 24 November 2015 00:21:15 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 11/23/2015 10:23 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > But can someone take a look at the screenshot attached, and tell me
> > how to get rid of the nuisance error its showing?  Preferably for
> > good?
>
> Put an M02 at the end of your program?
>
> Jon

M2 M02, mox nics (I can't spell the German source words, wet ram has
faded) Jon, its there, see the editor window to the left in that screen
snapshot.  No change there in the editor followed by a reload gets rid
of what is to me a useless error report. All it is, is an extra mouse
click to get rid of it before you can proceed. Begining the file with
a % as the first line, or just a comment containing the name & copyright
also makes no difference.  Nothing makes it go away.

EOF is EOF to me.  Can it not be to LinuxCNC?

M2 does function nicely to stop execution at that point, I've used it to
step thru a program looking for an error many times.  So it does have a
use, just not as an EOF marker.  IMO of course.

I have this ebony_button.ngc code looking like it should work, but now I
need to make a jig to hold the workpiece so I can treat it like a step
and repeat.  The larger square button in the upper boxes fingers I need
at least 132 of, 3 at a time from a 2" wide slice of ebony, leaving some
scrap on one edge. I think I'll need another piece, $60, as I only have
a hair less than an inch thick from the first 2x2x12 piece.  I need a
laser cutter, its cut is thinner than a 1/2" wood slicer from Highland
Hdwe in Hotlanta, which is around .032 with care.  And yet to be ordered
is $240 worth of lid-stay hinges from Rockler.

The lack of density of the ebony surprised me. I believe it would float
in water, till it got soaked at least.  It slurps up finish like a
sponge on the first coat.