On Tuesday 24 November 2015 11:49:33 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 11/24/2015 05:25 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >>
> >> Put an M02 at the end of your program?
> >>
> >> Jon
> >
> > EOF is EOF to me.  Can it not be to LinuxCNC?
>
> As somebody else mentioned, some software may not process
> the last line of a file unless it ENDS with a line end
> character (not sure if default is LF or CR).  I have seen
> this with other software.
>
> > M2 does function nicely to stop execution at that point, I've used
> > it to step thru a program looking for an error many times.  So it
> > does have a use, just not as an EOF marker.  IMO of course.
>
> And, maybe, it is all because of the editor you use to
> create the G-code.  Linux-c++ tries to adapt to the cr/lf
> format of the file, but may get it wrong in some cases.  You
> can check the line end scheme in particular files with
> od -c <filename> | more
>
> and see what exact hidden characters are there.
>
> Jon

Nothing but \n's Jon.  Including the last character.

And I am getting discouraged, even at 2.5 ipm, 2k revs, and about a 60
thou per pass cut, I just buried the broken off, 2nd 1/32" mill in this,
so far down and flush my needle point tweezers have nothing to get a
grip on.  I thought about drilling a small hole beside it, and found I
do not have a drill chuck on the premises that will grip that small a
drill.

I have a pin vise that might, out in the other, now cold building.  If I
can find it.

Good, black Gaboon Ebony has gone up, I had to pay $99 for a piece a bit
bigger than the one I started with a year back.  Not as thick, but wider
& a few inches longer.  But I'm $1300 into this project, I may as well
finish it out the best I can do. :)

Thanks Jon.