From: r...@superiorroll.com
To: "Emc Users" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 2:23:54 PM
Subject: [Emc-users] Trouble with 4th axis

Hello guys, working on my 4th axis, and I am starting to feel quite
lost,

 I was figuring that this would be the easier of all the other work I
have done with this stuff, due to working with a brand spanking new
servo and drive, but has turned into a nightmare for me.

 I have the axis running, I can control it with my hand-wheel MPG, it
homes ( if that's what you want to call it ) and and after tuning the
servo to the drive, I don't think there would be any tuning involved on
the linuxcnc side, if the Following Error was even understandable.

 For starters, when I start up linuxcnc, and I press the "home all"
button, the rotary goes through the motions of the following homing
sequence in the link using inserted values on the image

 http://postimg.org/image/yxzcdwldx/

 And does set the "0" position, but then it takes off at max velocity,
and stops at some random value ( 1255, 159, 1800 ) always in the
positive direction, and not repeatable, and then says that it is homed (
No clue ).

 As for the following error, pretty much it is telling me that whatever
the DRO is displaying, it is telling me that the following error is the
inverse of the display, if it says that I am at 259.354 degrees, I will
have a following error of -259.354.  I tried to make a few G01
commands, and it does begin movement if I give it a position to go to,
but it does not stop at the dimension programmed, and in the DTG column,
it is just displaying whatever the "actual" position is not a distance
to go.

Here are my config details from my hal file and my ini,
http://pastebin.com/WT8fMkvY

 Any thoughts of help will be greatly appreciated
 --

 Thanks

 Rick Lair
 Superior Roll & Turning LLC