not sure what it is called but third hand brake tools for bicycles and
some snap ring pliers have the same thing. Crimper's for terminals on
avionics conectors use the same thing. there is a rack of slanted gear
teeth with spring loaded dog in side like a sprage clutch. hope this
gives you a bit more to search with