On an aviation list I get many people use the glue E-6000 to pot
electronics in.  Not sure if wicking would be an issue, but no
conduction or corrosion problems.  It might bond a little better than
hot glue, for better or worse.  It will sag if put on thick and takes 24
hr to cure for most applications.

I have used hot glue for many semi-permanent bonding jobs and It doesn't
seem to wick much but it will sag and leaves little threads when you
pull the nozzle away.

Raymond Julian
Kettle River, MN

The things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty,
understanding and feeling are the concomitants of failure in our system.
And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness,
egotism and self-interest are the traits of success. And while men
admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second.
-John Steinbeck, novelist, Nobel laureate (1902-1968)