Hello fellow users;

Today I will ask for clarity in understanding Smart serial usage.

>From the many docs I have read so far it appears to rule out SSerial as a
>single point to point only interface and that the devices are somehow linked
>via hub or a daisy chain. Which is it?
I picked up a second hand 5i25/7i77 PNG kit that was unused, though today I
would have opted for the 6i25. This kit will get things started, but down the
line I will want to tap into the +/- 10V output on the servomate amps which
reports the current loading level of each servo. Likewise the Spindle VFD also
has the load output via +/- 10V. These can be wired to a 7i87, but I will also
likely want a 7i73 for operator control. Will I have to get another host
adaptor for the 2nd port on the 5i25 or . . . ?

Oh yeah - and what are these field current inputs on a 7i77... but that's a
whole nother set of questions.

Greg