On Fri, Jan 22, 2016, at 10:28 AM, John Thornton wrote:
> Can you mix and match the modules on the OPTO22 board?

Yep.  DC input, DC output, AC input, AC output.  Configurable
on a channel-by-channel basis.

The Mazak had a LOT of I/O.  For example the spindle gearbox
had two solenoid valves to control the shift, and two proximity
switches to tell the control which gear it was in.  Tool clamp/unclamp
was one solenoid valve controlling the cylinder that pushes on the
drawbar spring stack in the spindle, and two proximity switches to
indicate clamped and unclamped.  Toolchanger count is something
like:  forward and reverse valves for the turret, one prox switch
to indicate that a turret slot is aligned with the changer, five prox
switches (binary encoded) to tell which slot.  Two valves and two
prox switches for the transfer arm, three to five valves for the main
toolchanger arm (extend, retract, and two different rotation angles),
a similar number of prox switches for that arm.  Contactors for
coolant, lube, and hydraulic pumps.  Pressure switches for lube
oil and hydraulic.  And many more that I don't remember, including
some that we never even figured out what they do.

  John Kasunich
  jmkasun...@fastmail.fm