On Tuesday 26 January 2016 11:12:00 Fox Mulder wrote:

> Am 26.01.2016 um 16:49 schrieb Gene Heskett:

[...]
> Python3 bindings only exist in latest opencv 3.x version. Therefor i
> had to compile the git version myself because the repository only had
> opencv 2.x available. For Python3 support you have to install the
> python3-dev package before compiling opencv.

So when I followed the build/install from the web page with only python
2.7.3 installed, I actually got a python2 compatible install.  Cool!

> But the simpler solution is to use python2 with opencv like i
> mentioned in my last email. It gives the same functionality and should
> also work with my example. I tested it and the example script needs no
> changes to work with python2 out of the box with opencv 3.x.
>
> I haven't installed opencv 2.4 from the repository to try this version
> but i think the python API hasn't changed since then.

Sounds good , and python2 works.  Now, if I can put some hal pins in it,
the rest of the intergration might not be that big a deal.  But I need a
better camera, one with a longer lens.

Thanks Rainer.