Hello Gene,

R,S and T are just the traditional names of the incoming 3-phase mains
supply, very common over here, but out of date. They were replaced by
L1, L2, L3. This comes from the usual motor or transformer hookup. U,V,
W were the motor (or transf.) leads while X,Y,Z were the ends of the
rotor windings (in case of brushed rotor for soft start and power
control) or transf. secondary.

It does not matter how you get those big capacitors charged, from two or
three phases or from a 500 V DC net as some big machine shops provide.
Just connect your mains and measure the resulting DC voltage. The
following switching supply will never know where the DC voltage comes
from, unless it's to low or has too  much ripple, maybe.

Peter

Am 29.01.2016 23:04, schrieb Gene Heskett:
> The booklet shows 2 different setups including the names of the
> terminals, which are differently named in the single phase drawing. No
> common names are used, L-N for single, and R,S,T for the 3 phase
> setup, and the terminals on this one are labeled R, S, and T. I'll see
> what the vendor has to say. If he hasn't resolved it eith saying do as
> you've said, or agreed to send me the right one with a prepayed return
> sticker for the wrong one, by Feb 4th, ebay will step in and see if
> they can get it fixed. I suspect that in the end, you are right. But
> the smallest 2 pole breaker I could find at Lowes was a 20 amp. 100%+
> Overkill. But I did get it. So we'll see what happens in the next week.

---