On Thursday 10 March 2016 10:24:15 Chris Albertson wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 11:23 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com>
wrote:
> > This sounds like an interesting device. Are you at liberty to give a
> > range of pricing for one gear and sensor combo?
>
> Digikey and (I assume) others sell the part for about $8.34
> http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/allegro-microsystems-llc/ATS6
>67LSGTN-T/620-1328-1-ND/2042758
>
> Read the data sheet (all of it, front to back) It tells you everything
> you'll need to know.  Basically you mount it 1 or 2 mm from the gear
> and it gives a pulse for each tooth that passes.

I just looked at the 605 series, which has a 2 pin quadrature output.
But my concern is how it works with less than a 6mm tooth to tooth spaced
gear?  Lots of stuff in our toys is smaller than that.  Their std test
gear is 120mm in diameter, with 60 teeth, bigger and coarser toothed
than anything in any of my stuff.

Has anyone made use of that one, or a similar device from another source?