On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 13:50:22 -0400
Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 19 March 2016 13:08:43 bari wrote:
>
> > All of memleak's work on RTAI the past few years (which is now RTAI 5
> > without a single credit) was done on AMD hardware made in the past 7
> > years.
>
> No credits?  'Scuse me but thats not excusable, PM needs to understand
> TANSTAAFL.
> >
> > Every bit of AMD silicon we touched ran under 25uS on the latency
> > test. Just for fun we had a few tweaked <4uS max jitter.
>
> This is not an rtai kernel, but 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64.

I am pretty sure I read about some disagreement between RTAI and preemt RT. I
tried RTAI but had problem with Ethernet, since did not have enough time to
look at the driver myself I used Premt RT.

I am thinking about split in two with real time threads on micro controller and
the computer for the user interface. It would also be a flexible solution then
it come to choice of user interface but require extra hardware.