> On 03/22/2016 05:15 AM, bari wrote:
> > But if my phone has the GUI and I'm at the beach do I need to run an
> > extra pair of conductors back to the machine?

> >> E-stop should be handled with a hardware approach.
> >>

> Especially so!  How else will you stop the machine when the
> batteries in your phone run down and you lose the cell
> connection?
>
> Obviously a more serious concern when running a 20 ton
> machine tool than a desktop 3D printer.
>
> Jon

User interface in a telephone may not be the most useful application but would
be a possibility. To separate real time from others would however be useful.
The procotol in between might also be useful to control machine via software on
a higher level for example tell machine to start then robot have inserted part
but this may be the wrong way to do it or?

Nicklas Karlsson