I spent the past few days looking over the current state of ARM SOC's
for Linuxcnc and the open 3D driver situation hasn't changed much.

i.mx6 uses a Vivante GPU and you can build RT kernels and build from
open GPU driver source. The problem is NXP sells their 1-cores for ~$15
and their duals for ~$30 and the quads for ~$55.  I get more bang for
the buck with x86. I didn't find any vendors selling i.mx6 parts out the
back door since they can now get better ARM SOC's in China for a
fraction of the price from Allwinner and Rockchip.

Allwinner uses mostly Mali and PowerVR for GPU's. Their SOC's tend to
sell for under $10ea but the GPU and other hardware driver source is
missing.

Samsung Exynos are low cost but they only sell the good parts you'd want
to use to a chosen few customers.

Snapdragon and Tegra K1 are under $20 and have open 3D drivers but like
Samsung only sell SOC's to a select few.

Rockchip uses Mail and also sells SOC's under $10 ea but the like with
Allwinner the drivers are closed.

Broadcom has open 3D drivers for the RPi devices. But dealing with
Broadcom makes me ill and they like Samsung only sell the good parts
you'd want to a chosen few.

Mediatek also uses Mali.

Who and what did I miss?