On Monday 28 March 2016 16:24:15 jeshua wrote:

> > On Mar 26, 2016, at 9:25 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> >
> > And I looked at my 2m542's today, and found nothing attached to the
> > enable terminals, + or - side.  I was thinking they defaulted to on
> > if not specifically shut off, so my memory was correct.  I too have
> > heard less that glowing reports about the first couple of the TB65xx
> > series boards.  And like Dave, the TB6600 seems to gaining favor as
> > a dependable but slightly lower current nema 23 driver.  Apparently
> > an inexpensive replacement for the finiky xylotex drivers.
>
> Hi Gene,
>
> Seems like we are seeing the opposite behavior. No motor power unless
> I have the enables connected.

I wondered about that, as it does seem counterintuitive, but all of my
2m542's are not enable wired, and neither is the DM860A.  They are
enabled by default.  If those follow the crowd, and the - enable is
going to ground when you hit the test button, its possible that that is
wrong.  ONOH, if they need - taken to ground to enable, then the hal
logic needs inverted...