On Saturday 26 March 2016 02:49:55 jeshua wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am attempting to assist a friend setting up a HY-JK02-M 5-axis
> Interface Board with Axis running HY-DIV168N-3.5A drivers.
>
> Controller Manual:
> http://www.tecnoflexo.com.br/site/fotos/download/17/17.pdf Driver
> Manual:
> http://www.goodluckbuy.com/images/detailed_images2/file/76081%20HY-DIV
>168N-3_5A.pdf
>
> Actually, seems like the interface board is all properly configured,
> but we cannot get the motor to move. In the stepper config, when we go
> to test the drive the stepper comes on and holds its position. We can
> see the correct axes led indicator light up when it is commanded to
> move. But no motion. Axis launches, and the machine power button works
> as expected. No motion though.
>
> I found someone running the same configuration here:
>
> http://www.technoshamanarchist.net/?p=98
>
> It states calculated these values:
>
> Step time: 30000 ns
> Step space: 8500 ns
> Direction Hold or Direction Setup values, some people set it to 20000
>
> But then thats all it states on the configuration and never confirms
> if it those values work or not (next post is running). We have the
> cards wired up exactly the same as shown in the pictures.
>
> Also, in videos I have seen of the driver in action, they have two red
> LEDs lit, we only have one power LED lit, we can’t get the “run” LED
> on.

I am not fam with that driver Jeshua, but most of these  drivers have 3
inputs, step, dir, and enable. I suspect the enable might not be wired
correctly.  In my setups, using the 2m542 driver, IIRC leaving the
enables unconnected actually enables them.  Or  you can use a pin on the
BoB to drive all 3 of them if the BoB's output has enough current
sinking ability to drive all the axis's drivers, and you actually have a
spare pin on the BoB.

I just checked the .hal file for my G0704, and the only place I am
sending the motion modules axis#-enable signals is to the pid's &
stepgen's in the 5i25, so I either do not have the driver enables wired
to the BoB, or they are wired permanently in the on state.  Probably the
latter, and I can get a ladder (that box is on a high shelf to miss most
of the swarf but the lid is off, when I find my round tuit, I'll modify
a drill pattern and put an exhaust fan on the lid) and check because I
know all the + terminals are hard wired to a 5 volt bus, but do not,
nearly 2 years later, remember if I just grounded the - terminals, or
they are tied someplace active.

But that is something to check, the 6550 may have to be wired "on" at its
enable input. I do not have manual wheels on any axis, so no reason to
disable the drivers to make them easier to turn exists.

This may not be the problem, but its also something that might trip up a
builder. I hope it helps.