I am trying to add a run timer as per the time man page.

LinuxCNC fails to load.  Initially I think the offending line was "not: already
exists" in the postgui hal.  Yes it uses loadrt not, and if I comment all the
"not" stuff out, linuxCNC loads fine.  loadrt is used in another hal.

So, I looked at how this works and see I probably need "TWOPASS= on", so I
added that to my ini [HAL] section.
First question: was that the correct thing to do?

Now I get:

twopass: Error in file ./7i92_AM882_hack.hal:
    can't read "::HOSTMOT2((DRIVER)": no such element in array
twopass: Error in file ./xhc-hb04.hal:
    can't read "::HOSTMOT2((BOARD)": no such element in array

The line in 7i92_AM882_hack.hal was:
loadrt [HOSTMOT2](DRIVER) config=[HOSTMOT2](CONFIG)

xhc-hb04.hal only references some pins, it does not have a loadrt.

So did the syntax of the Mesa loadrt break TWOPASS?
How do I fix it?

Thanks,
Danny