I was going through the HAL and noticed the per-axis ini parameters are
there.

Can they be changed without rebooting?  The machine will be at a stop
for this.

Reason being, I use the standard cutting profile but I also have a 3D
carving profile which increases the acceleration much higher.  To stay
within the motor's performance curve, the max speed of the axes is
limited for 3D carving.  And the carving profile's acceleration shakes
the table in a way you just don't need for regular cuts.

So I was thinking, can I just make a PYVCP button that changes to the
alternate profile, faster accel but slower linear, and back?

I've done 3D carving and then a toolchange to switch to an endmill for
cutout.  No real biggie, but I couldn't switch to the 2D cut profile
without rebooting, so I didn't reboot.  It'd be an interesting feature
if it was just a button.

Danny