So there is another mode I didn't mention.  When accelerating or decelerating,
you're not at the specified cut speed, and the laser power must be reduced
proportional to the speed.

For that, it's gonna use the "fast" PWM ~(10-25KHz).  The period will be fixed
but the duty cycle changes depending on current speed, which should be
achievable with the 1ms servo-thread tying in current XY vector-sum velocity
from emcmot into it.

That one doesn't change rapidly, so it's pretty simple.

Danny