On Sunday 30 October 2016 05:21:59 Gregg Eshelman wrote:

> Checked for ground continuity from the switches to the door and cab? I
> had a 1995 Buick Century where the front windows didn't work. Turned
> out to be a broken ground... somewhere.I fixed it by tapping into the
> ground wire at the switch, crimping a ring terminal onto a short chunk
> of wire and driving a sheet metal screw into an unused hole in the
> door. Took me a while to figure that out after hunting for continuity
> on the positive side. Apparently there was a separate ground for the
> rear windows.

I didn't check that. but did use both the door frame and a bolt beside
the interior fuse panel as ground reference points. The window controls,
and the door locks all work normally.  Their shorthand for fuse labels
is confusing but the 3 amp fuse with mir in its label was good. I did
find the label in the top cover of the underhood fuse box was phony as
hell, like it was off another year model. There is no way I could turn
it so it matched what I was looking at. The interior panel cover did
match, and was marked for all the installed options, with all the little
punch marks in the 1998 column! In any event I can reach out the window
and adjust them, so its not life & death.

And we're way off topic, as was my post that mentioned it. But I shoulda
checked for a ground someplace on the switch, and thats something I can
do w/o stripping the door panel off again.

Thanks Gregg.